TOM 2020 Training Run Schedule
10 January 2020
Two Oceans Marathon is pleased to announce the ten Training Runs below for 2020, starting this Sunday, 12 January 2020.
While the dates for the Cape Town-based Training Runs are confirmed (note that the routes/host clubs will be finalised soon), the dates for Durban, Port Elizabeth and Johannesburg are tentative and will be finalised as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out on our official TOM social media platforms.
The Ultra Marathon Training Runs (24km and 28km) start at 5.30 am, while the shorter Half Marathon Training Runs start at 6 am. All Training Runs start and finish at the same venue.
Training Run Schedule – TOM 2020
Get your Training Run schedule, along with venues and contact details, here:TOM 2020 Training Run Schedule
As per WPA rules, you should be at least 15 years old if you wish to take part in a Half Marathon Training Run and 19 years old should you wish to partake in an Ultra Marathon Training Run. This is the minimum respective age you need to be in each case on the day of the event in which you intend to run.
How to RSVP
We create each Training Run as an Event in Facebook one week or more before the time. This is where you’ll find all your details. You’ll then be able to RSVP here as well as find a link to the indemnity form below.
It is imperative that your RSVP to enable us to adhere to cut-off limits strictly.
Please bring your indemnity forms to the training run. Unfortunately, no indemnity forms will be available at Race Registration.
Cups will be provided along the route to minimise and/or eliminate the litter created by sachets. Please be mindful of the environment at all times and only dispose of your cups and litter at the refreshment stations or in the litter bins provided. Should you be caught littering by a marshal or TOM Training Run co-ordinator, you risk disqualification from the Training Run. Thanking you for helping us preserve the sustainability of our environment and, in the process, the planet.
Please arrive early for your race briefing prior to each race.
You will be divided into four different pace groups (batches) lead by the Official Two Oceans Pace Setters. There will be pre-determined start batch times for pacesetters. The schedule to be distributed prior to each run – details of pacesetter, pace they are running, start time and estimated finish time per pacesetter.
A group leader and back marker will be allocated to each batch.
RSVP, Indemnity Form and Route – Edgemead
Registration, start and finish: Edgemead Running Clubhouse at 06:00
Time: 6:00am for 14km runners.
Click here to RSVP to our Training Run 3 in Edgemead, Saturday, 22 February.
Download Indemnity FormDownload TOM 2020 Indemnity Form
You must please bring this filled-out indemnity form with you if you are attending Training Run 3. No indemnity form, no race participation, unfortunately.
Below is your 14km route map and marshal plan at the following link:
With thanks to the following Host Club: Edgemead AC
Route, marshal plan, refreshment stops and route map:
Runners start at the Edgemead Running Clubhouse and run along Edgemead Drive towards Monte Vista.
- Marshal stands at the circle at the intersection of Edgemead Drive and Letchworth Drive. Marshal directs runners left to run on Letchworth Drive.
- Marshal stands on the corner of Letchworth Drive and D’ Almeida Avenue. Marshal directs runners to turn right onto D’ Almeida Avenue and continue straight.
- Marshal stands at the intersection of Camoens Avenue and Monte Vista Boulevard. Marshal directs runners to continue straight as well as making sure the intersection if safe for runners to cross.
- Marshal stands at the circle at the intersection of Blythwood Drive and Lesueur Avenue. Marshal directs runners left onto Lesueur Avenue (towards Panorama).
- Marshal stands at the intersection of Lesueur Avenue and Giel Basson Drive. Marshal directs runners to continue straight into Uys Krige Drive as well as making sure the intersection is safe for runners to cross.
- Marshal stands at the intersection of Uys Krige Drive and Plattekloof Road. Marshal directs runners to continue straight along Uys Krige Drive as well as insuring that it is safe for the runners to cross the intersection.
- Marshal stands on the corner of Uys Krige Drive and Hannes Louw Drive. Marshal directs runners left into Hannes Louw Drive.
- Marshal stands on the corner of Hannes Louw Drive and Tierberg Road. Marshal directs runners left into Tierberg Road.
- Marshal stands on the corner of Tierberg Road and Frans Conradie Drive. Marshal directs the runners right into Frans Conradie Drive.
- Marshal stands at the McIntire Street/Frans Conradie Drive Circle. Marshal directs runners to continue straight along Frans Conradie Drive and ensures that the intersection is safe for the runners to cross.
- Marshal stands on the corner of Frans Conradie Drive and Giel Basson Drive. Marshal directs runners to turn right onto Giel Basson Drive.
- Marshal stands on the corner of Giel Basson and Frans Conradie Drive. Marshal directs runners to proceed left onto Frans Conradie.
- Marshal stands on the corner of Frans Conradie and Vasco Boulevard. Marshal directs Runners to turn right onto Vasco Boulevard.
- Marshal stands on the corner of Monte Vista Boulevard and Wingfield Place. Marshal directs runners to turn left into Wingfield Place
- Marshal stands at Edgemead Drive Circle. Marshal directs runners to continue straight along Edgemead Drive.
Runners Finish at the Edgemead Running Club.
- Water Stop will be set up on Uys Krige Drive at the Engen/Pick n Pay centre.
- Water Stop will be set up on Frans Conradie Drive at the Parow Golf Club.