The following entry and entry profile changes may be made online between 10am on 9 January and 5pm on 18 March 2019:
- Club and Club license number updates (it is essential that Ultra Marathon, as well as Club Members in the Half Marathon update their details to reflect the current year’s Club details)
- Qualifiers (Ultra Marathon)
- Recent results for seeding purposes (Half Marathon and Trail Run)
- Personal, medical and contact details
- Release an entry for substitution
- Create substitution entry, using the voucher number supplied by a withdrawing entrant
- Finalise a Charity entry (the voucher number received must be used to create an official entry)
Seeding updates for both the Half and Ultra Marathon as well as both the Trail Runs are free of charge. Please log into your online profile and update your seeding with the name, date and distance of the race and the time you ran with a website address where we can verify your new time.
Upgrades and downgrades cannot be facilitated as entries are full.
No changes whatsoever will be permitted after 18 March 2019.
It is the runner’s responsibility to find a replacement / withdrawing runner. Please join the official Substitutions Group on Facebook to find a suitable candidate.
- You can only substitute a runner in the same race (e.g. a South African Half Marathon entrant can only be substituted by a South African resident wanting to run the Half Marathon).
- Once the substitution is done (meaning that somebody has officially taken over your entry), you cannot enter the same distance again.
If you and another runner want to follow the above process, please email the OMTOM entries team from 14 January 2019 with the details of both parties. The team will advise you further.
The Substitution Process
The official Substitutions process must be followed between 9 January and 18 March 2019.
Cost: R175 Substitution Admin Fee plus Entry Fee
Other costs may apply (e.g. the purchase of a timing chip, temporary licence fee in the Half Marathon, etc.).
Do not pay the original entrant directly. ALL transactions must be facilitated via the OMTOM entry system and Webtickets.
The Entered Runner (withdrawing and to be substituted)
- Log into your OMTOM profile.
- Click the ‘Applications & Entries” tab on the left of your profile dashboard, where you will be taken to your current entry summary.
- Click the “substitute” button. The voucher number will be displayed as soon as you do this. You will also receive an email with the voucher number and Substitution process details.
- Send this voucher number to your substitute runner.
The New Runner (taking over the entry)
- Log into your OMTOM profile. If you don’t have one, create a profile.
- Click the “Applications & Entries” tab on the left of your profile dashboard.
- Click on “New Application”, and insert the voucher number in the “Entry Voucher” section on your dashboard (at the top).
- Click on the distance that you are creating a Substitution entry for, and complete your entry.
- The system will prompt you to enter your outstanding (if any) personal and race related information. Please follow these promts to the payment stage, where you will be charged the Substitution fee. You will be directed to the OMTOM Payment Portal on Webtickets, where you can choose to pay online, or with cash at any Pick n Pay. Please select your preferred option, and make your payment. A cash payment option will prompt an email with instructions to you. You cannot make an in-store payment if you didn’t specifically choose it.
Refunds, Merchandise and Ownership
If you purchased a Half Marathon T-shirt, it will remain yours (i.e., it will not be transferred with the entry you release), and can be collected from Race Registration at the OMTOM Expo between 17 and 19 April 2019.
Ultra Marathon and Trail Run T-shirts will be transferred to the runner who takes over your entry and thus cannot be collected by you.
- The timing chip is temporary and can be disposed of afterwards;
- Parking, Medal Engraving, Temporary Licenses & Hospitality Package purchases will be refunded to the original entrant;
- Donations made to the OMTOM via the Two Oceans Marathon Initiative (TOMI) will remain with TOMI for distribution to our official beneficiaries.
All relevant Substitution Process payments and refunds will be facilitated via Webtickets, our official payment partner. No money may change hands between the withdrawing and substitute runner. Refunds will ONLY be done once the Substitution Entrant has finalised and paid for his/her entry.
If you want to release your #OMTOM2019 entry for substitution, but originally paid for your entry at a Pick n Pay Store, Webtickets will require your bank details to do an EFT refund. They will email you in this regard. For queries on refunds, please contact Webtickets support on 086 111 0005.
- If nobody takes over your entry it will remain your valid entry, and can be used by you on race day.
- You are not allowed to give your race number to someone else. Allowing another individual to run with your race number (and your entry) is against the OMTOM’s rules, and will result in disciplinary action against yourself and the individual running with your number.
- All rules, terms and conditions that apply for the original race entry also apply for runners that substitute.
- Runners that have entered the event via Substitution cannot release that entry for Substitution again.
- Runners substituting in order to run the Ultra Marathon must have qualified and belong to an athletics club in order to substitute (if entries sell out).
Warning: Fake entry sales, charging extra, swapping and running with someone else’s number
- Fake entry sales: The OMTOM Half Marathon is oversubscribed. The demand is much higher than the supply. And unfortunately that means that there are unscrupulous individuals who will abuse this by scalping entries – much like concert tickets. We keep an eye on third-party reseller sites and request that the ads are removed, but our team also needs to focus on organising the event, logistics and customer care, and cannot spend 100% of their time blocking fake entries. Please do not offer additional money out of desperation for an entry. Do not pay anyone in return for a substitution voucher. Only YOU can help to break the cycle of fake entry sales.
- Charging extra for an entry and/or direct monetary transactions between two parties are prohibited: To eliminate these fraudulent activities, we have moved all substitution-related transactions online. All payments and refunds will be facilitated online via Webtickets, and no money may change hands directly between parties.
- Swapping entries outside of the Substitution process is prohibited: If you and another runner want to do a distance “swap” (swapping an Ultra entry for a Half entry, or vice versa) please email the OMTOM entries team from 16 January 2019 and clearly state “Substitution SWAP” in the subject line with the details of both parties. The team will advise you further.
- You may not give your race number to someone else to participate in. Not only does this pose a massive safety risk; it is against our event rules. Running with someone else’s number will result in severe disciplinary action (including disqualification and a race ban).