Two Oceans Marathon NPC AGM 2021 – Official Process
The 12th Annual General Meeting took place on 21 October 2021. The following process was followed:
- Official notice of the AGM as scheduled for 21 October 2021 was distributed on 2 September 2021.
- An update to the Notice of AGM was distributed on 22 September 2021.
- The closing date for all Board Nominations as per the Notice of the AGM scheduled for 21 October 2021 was 30 September 2021 (21 days ahead of the AGM).
- The closing date for all membership applications to the TOM NPC was 30 September 2021 (21 days ahead of the AGM).
- The closing date for the submission of matters for the agenda was 30 September 2021 (21 days ahead of the AGM).
- The agenda for the AGM scheduled for 21 October 2021 was distributed on 7 October 2021 (14 days ahead of the AGM).
How to become a member of the TOM NPC
The TOM NPC is represented by individuals and groups according to the following criteria:
- WPA Clubs that are affiliated to and in good standing with Western Province Athletics for at least five years and with at least 50 members over the age of 18, automatically become members of the TOM NPC.
- Blue Number Club members are invited to apply for TOM NPC membership. An invitation to apply was distributed on 2 September 2021. The application deadline was 30 September 2021. All applications were approved by the current Board.
- Ordinary Members, as per a list maintained by the TOM NPC. Updates and suggestions are forwarded to the current Board for approval.
AGM Notification (2 September 2021)
Official notice of the AGM was distributed to the following individuals and groups:
- Founding Members (Celtic Harriers Club and Western Province Athletics)
- Honorary Members (Original subscribers to the MOI in 2010 – 5 from Celtics and 5 from WPA – and any person currently or previously appointed as a Director)
- Ordinary Members
– WPA Clubs as stipulated above
– WPA Office
– Any individual admitted by ordinary resolution at a General Meeting of Members
– Blue Number Club Members with an approved NPC membership application. These individuals have either:
– completed 10 or more Ultra Marathons, Half Marathons or Trail Runs,
– won any of the TOM Ultra, Half or Trail events at least three times,
– or earned a gold medal in the TOM Ultra at least five times.
- Any individual that has served the company for at least 10 years, and whose application has been accepted by the Board.
Proxy votes at the AGM
A TOM NPC member can cast three votes at the AGM. This must be on an official TOM form, signed and registered upon entry to the AGM.
- A member can cast his or her own personal vote.
- A member can cast a vote on behalf of a Club.
- A member can cast a vote as proxy for another member.
A TOM Auditor verified registration and proxies. All proxies were to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on 14 October 2021.
Election of TOM NPC Directors
The TOM NPC has 12 Directors that comprise:
- Four representatives from Celtic Harriers (as elected by the Club)
- Four representatives from Western Province Athletics (as elected by WPA)
- Four Ordinary Members (as elected by the Ordinary Members)
These members serve for a two-year cycle, alternating in order for six members to remain constant.
Nominations as an Ordinary Member to the TOM NPC Board
- Any person may be nominated to stand as Director. While s/he does not need to be a Blue Number Club or Running Club member, s/he must be nominated by a BNC member or a Club.
- These members must be prepared to accept the fiduciary duties incumbent in the position and commit to a two-year appointment.
- Nominations would have had to be submitted via the official TOM NPC form and emailed to email@example.com by 5pm on 30 September 2021.