Two Oceans Marathon NPC AGM 2020 – Official Process
The AGM as scheduled for 14 October 2020 is an important event on the annual calendar of the TOM NPC. Accordingly, several official processes are in place.
- Official notice of the AGM scheduled for 14 October 2020 will be distributed by 30 August 2020.
- The closing date for all Board Nominations is 22 September 2020 (21 days ahead of the AGM).
- The closing date for all membership applications to the TOM NPC is 14 September 2020 (30 days ahead of the AGM).
- The agenda will be distributed by 30 September 2020 (14 days ahead of the AGM).
- Notice of postponement of the AGM was distributed on 10/11 October 2020.
How to become a member of the TOM NPC
The TOM NPC is represented by individuals and groups according to the following criteria:
- WPA Clubs that are affiliated to and in good standing with Western Province Athletics for at least five years and with at least 50 members over the age of 18, automatically become members of the TOM NPC.
- Blue Number Club members are invited to apply for TOM NPC membership. An invitation to apply will be distributed by 30 August 2020. The application deadline will be 14 September 2020, and these applications must be approved by the current Board.
- Ordinary Members, as per a list maintained by the TOM NPC. Updates and suggestions to be forwarded to the current Board for approval.
AGM Notification (30 August 2020)
Official notice of the AGM will be distributed to the following individuals and groups:
- Founding Members (Celtic Harriers Club and Western Province Athletics)
- Honorary Members (Original subscribers to the MOI in 2010 – 5 from Celtics and 5 from WPA – and any person currently or previously appointed as a Director)
- Ordinary Members
– WPA Clubs as stipulated above
– WPA Office
– Any individual admitted by ordinary resolution at a General Meeting of Members
– Blue Number Club Members with an approved NPC membership application. These individuals have either:
– completed 10 or more Ultra Marathons, Half Marathons or Trail Runs,
– won any of the TOM Ultra, Half or Trail events at least three times,
– or earned a gold medal in the TOM Ultra at least five times.
- Honorary Members, except when voting on a matter in capacity as Honorary Members
- Any individual that has served the company for at least 10 years, and whose application has been accepted by the Board.
Proxy votes at the AGM
A TOM NPC member can cast three votes at the AGM. This must be an official TOM form, signed and registered upon entry to the AGM.
- A member can cast his or her own personal vote.
- A member can cast a vote on behalf of a Club.
- A member can cast a vote as proxy for another member.
A TOM Auditor will verify registration and proxies on 14 October 2020.
Election of TOM NPC Directors
The TOM NPC has 12 Directors that comprise:
- Four representatives from Celtic Harriers (as elected by the Club)
- Four representatives from Western Province Athletics (as elected by WPA)
- Four Ordinary Members (as elected by the Ordinary Members)
These members serve for a two-year cycle, alternating in order for six members to remain constant.
Nominations as an Ordinary Member to the TOM NPC Board
- Any person may be nominated to stand as Director. While s/he does not need to be a Blue Number Club or Running Club member, s/he must be nominated by a BNC member or a Club.
- These members must be prepared to accept the fiduciary duties incumbent in the position and commit to a two-year appointment.
- Nominations must be submitted via the official TOM NPC form and sent to the TOM NPC by 22 September 2020.