Two Oceans Marathon 2020 Fun Run entries are OPEN
20 December 2019
Two Oceans Marathon 2020 Fun Run entries have OPENED.
Two Oceans Marathon 2020 entries for the much loved, family-friendly Fun Runs have officially opened.
Each year, the Two Oceans Marathon contributes an average of R675 to the Western Cape economy annually, making it Africa’s biggest running event based on economic impact.
TOM is heralded as a staple on the Western Cape Easter Weekend tourism calendar for locals, and national and international tourists alike.
An event highlight is always the cluster of Fun Runs which accommodates runners, walkers and fun-seekers of all ages. These TOM Fun Runs sell out faster each year, with the demand for Nappy Dash entries in 2019 in particular having exceeded demand.
This year the Fun Runs take place on Friday, 10 April 2020. The following races are available, with something on offer for every member of the family:
• 56m Nappy Dash − children must be between one- and three-years-old, and must be able to walk. There is no fee for the adult or parent(s) accompanying them.
• 250m Toddlers’ Trot – children must be aged between four and six years old.
• 2.1km Fun Run − a short fun run or walk for all ages. The perfect distance for those new to running.
• 5.6km Fun Run – participants must be nine years or older.
The fee for each entrant per event is R50.
Race Director, Debra Barnes reflects on the value of having such an inclusive event. ‘We are in the privileged position of steering an iconic brand. Two Oceans Marathon has a powerful platform – we believe we have a responsibility to use this to effect positive change in our country. If we can help more kids swap screen or cellphone time for enjoying healthy experiences, such as doing a fun run, we win collectively as a nation in building a robust future generation. The tremendous societal benefit of families participating together also can’t be underestimated, so our range of events serves us well.’
How to enter the Fun Runs
1. Visit the Two Oceans Marathon website (www.twooceansmarathon.org.za) and go through the entry process. Start by creating a profile for the little one you’re entering or for yourself, if you are the main runner.
2. You will then be redirected to Webtickets when you need to pay. Go to www.webtickets.co.za and click ‘register’ to create your Webtickets profile if you have not already done so. Ensure that your e-mail address and cellphone number on both the Two Oceans Marathon entry portal and the Webtickets sites are the same.
3. Select your preferred payment option. Options include in-store payment at Pick n Pay, EFT and credit card payments.
The 2020 Two Oceans Marathon (www.twooceansmarathon.org.za) Fun Runs take place on 10 April 2020. Go to www.twooceansmarathon.org.za/events/fun-runs/ for more info.
Prepared by the Two Oceans Marathon.
Kindly direct any queries to TOM NPC Media at email@example.com