TOM 2020 T-Shirts and Buffs: Update
3 August 2020
Following the cancellation of TOM 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the TOM NPC confirmed the following:
- Ultra Marathon: Runners who entered the TOM 2020 Ultra Marathon will receive the #TOM2020 Ultra Marathon shirt which was included in the cost of their entry;
- Half Marathon: Runners who purchased the TOM 2020 Half Marathon shirt will receive the #TOM2020 Half Marathon shirt;
- Trail Runs: Runners who entered the TOM 2020 Trail events will receive the TOM 2020 Trail shirt which was included in the cost of their entry;
- In addition, all entrants in the above-mentioned events will receive a free commemorative Two Oceans Marathon 2020 buff.
Western Cape and Boland Clubs − update
Following our emails to all Western Cape and Boland clubs at the end of June and beginning of July 2020, we are pleased that ninety-six per cent of all Western Cape clubs have collected their members’ apparel.
We are urgently following up with the handful of outstanding clubs who have not yet managed to do so.
Do all entrants receive buffs?
Yes, all successful #TOM2020 entrants receive buffs.
We have now taken delivery of the balance of TOM2020 buffs and will be contacting clubs who did not receive their full allocation of buffs in the first round of collection, to kindly collect these buffs.
Once again, due to COVID-19 protocols, this will be by prior appointment only.
Why do a handful of runners not appear on club lists?
There have not been very few of these instances. Where this does occur, it could be due to one of the following reasons:
- You did not indicate your club at the time of entering, in which case you are treated as a temp-licensed runner for the purposes of TOM 2020 T-shirt/buff distribution.
- You changed clubs subsequent to the cancellation, but made no update to your race profile on the TOM Entry System. Your T-shirt and/or buff is sent to the club you belonged to at the time of entering.
- You subbed out your entry successfully as an ultra marathon entrant, meaning that the entrant who took over your entry consequently receives the T-shirt.
- There are also one or two other anomalies we have become aware of.
Your club chairperson is free to raise any queries directly with us, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
TOM 2020 Trail Run entrants
We will contact you shortly regarding adding or updating your address on our TOM Entry system, so that we can commence with Trail Run T-shirt distribution.
There is no need to wait for our mail – please log in to your profile here to update or add your physical residential address. Alternatively, copy and paste the following URL into your browser: https://admin.twooceansmarathon.org.za/Identify.aspx
National Clubs (non-WPA/Boland)
Subsequent to our letter to all clubs on 16 July 2020, we’re pleased to confirm that close to fifty percent of the consignments for national clubs have been packed.
They are in the process of being double-checked and leave our TOM offices from mid-week (5 August) onwards.
South African temp-licensed runners
Kindly update your physical residential address by logging in to your profile here, or copy and paste the following URL into your browser: https://admin.twooceansmarathon.org.za/Identify.aspx
We will be packing your T-shirt and/or buff during next week, as we prepare to get your apparel to you. Please look out for an e-mail from us soon!
Will TOM 2020 T-shirts be available for purchase?
We expect to have distributed TOM 2020 T-shirts by the end of August, and will make any remaining stock available for sale afterwards. Thank you for your enquiries and the enthusiasm you have shown towards our #TOM2020 gear!
It’s great seeing so many of you out there wearing your TOM 2020 apparel! We look forward to every #TOM2020 entrant receiving their T-shirt and/or buff, and wearing it with pride.