2016 Old Mutual Two Oceans Half Marathon Charity Entries
Annually a number of entries are sold to benefit our charity (or charities) under the Two Oceans Marathon Initiative, TOMI.
Charity groups will have the opportunity to use the 2016 OMTOM event as a fundraising platform.
Entries will be limited to 1 450 in total and the following group entry purchases are available:
- 100 charity entries
- 50 charity entries
- 20 charity entries
Charity Entry Process:
- Entry fee: R200.00 per entry
- A portion of the entry fee will go to the Two Oceans Marathon Initiative (TOMI).
- Entry vouchers will be issued for the charity entries.
- Charities may set their own entry fee and/or fundraising criteria and sell these entries to athletes wanting to run for their cause.
- The charity will issue the entry voucher to the runner once the proof of payment is provided.
- This entry voucher must be used to enter online.
- The entry voucher is only valid for the actual race entry.
- Entrants will still be required to pay for any additional items, e.g. temporary license, RaceTec Chip (NB: Not required if you already have one.) and/or t-shirt.
- Charity entrants will get seeded based on
the race results supplied. Entrants who participate for the first time and do not submit any seeding information will be seeded into the last start group.
- Entrants will follow the normal number collection process at the Old Mutual Two Oceans Marathon Expo.
How to apply for Half Marathon bulk charity entries on behalf of YOUR charity:
- Applications will open 15 October 2015, and close at midnight on 31 October 2015.
- Applicants must complete and submit the online application form, and submit all supporting documents before the closing date.
- Entry vouchers will get allocated to successful charities by 9 November 2015
- Charities will sell entries and allocate entry vouchers, followed by entrants using their vouchers to finalise their entry online from 23 November 2015 to 11 January 2016.
- Any entry voucher not redeemed on the online entry system by 11 January 2016 will be forfeited and sold as a normal entry.
Details for the following year will be officially launched in September 2015.