Runners’ Village Applications are Open, and Close 15 March 2019
5 March 2019
Who does Runners’ Village empower and what is the aim?
In the Village, we provide accommodation and meals to athletes who do not have the financial means, but do have the passion and desire to participate in the Two Oceans Marathon, presented by Old Mutual.
What is covered in Runners’ Village?
- Runners are responsible for getting to Cape Town on their own. We do not provide transport.
- Village duration: 3 days (Friday 19 April, 10am to Sunday 21 April, 2019 9am)
- Athletes from all regions of South Africa can be accommodated
- Accommodation and meals will be provided
- Transport from Expo at the CTICC to accommodation and start/finish will be provided.
- Runners must be registered with an ASA-affiliated athletics club. Preference goes to athletes nominated by their clubs.
- Runners must have entered and qualified for OMTOM 2019.
- Preference is given to 56km novices, as well as athletes who have not stayed in the Runners’ Village previously.
- Unemployed athletes or those earning less than R3 000 per month will be given preference.
Enquiries and closing date
The closing date for getting your application forms back to us is 15 March 2019 at 5pm. Contact email@example.com for more information or call 087 740 5260 during office hours.