Have You Booked Your Club Gazebo Site Yet? Hurry!
6 April 2019
Gazebo bookings for the 50th milestone celebrations of Africa’s biggest running event and the world’s most beautiful marathon are in full swing – have you finalised your club gazebo booking yet? Hurry, as bookings close this week!
Book via Webtickets – R500 per Gazebo
Secure your Club Gazebo site for the Old Mutual Two Oceans Marathon 2019 and be part of this historic occasion of the 50th Anniversary of the World’s Most Beautiful Marathon.
Bookings can be made on at www.webtickets.co.za and sites are available on a first-come-first-serve basis.
The cost per gazebo site is R500.00, ex VAT, which includes 2 parking tickets for UCT Middle Campus on Saturday 20 April 2019.
For all queries regarding club site bookings, please contact the Two Oceans Marathon Race Office on 087 740 5260 between 08:30 and 16:00 (weekdays only).
A variety of food and snacks will be available for purchase from the various local food vendors, located at the Cricket Oval.
For your convenience, pre-ordered food and beverages will be available on-site.
Alcohol may only be purchased on-site at the Cash Bar, located on the Cricket Oval, or pre-ordered through the Hospitality Service Provider.
Please contact the Hospitality Service Provider, Cindy Low, directly to place your order:
Cell: 083 448 1018
You will also be able to rent gazebos, ice buckets and other hospitality catering items which you may require for Race Day.
Pre- Race Day Set-Up
All club gazebos sites are located on the Cricket Oval at UCT’s Middle Campus. You may access the venue to erect your gazebo on Friday, 19 April 2019 between 08h00 and 16h00.
Upon arrival, please collect your parking tickets at the Hospitality Village Office Container located on the Cricket Oval below the UCT Cricket Clubhouse. The location of your club gazebo site will be confirmed when collecting your event day parking tickets.
Dedicated parking will be available at Middle Campus on Friday, 19 April 2019, for easy access to the Club Gazebo area.
The UCT Cricket Oval area will be open from 04h30 until 18h00.
Your parking tickets will allow you to access the Middle Campus, where parking is available at Bremner, All Africa House and Economics Building (this is adjacent to the Cricket Oval).
Option 2 – Blue Route (Walking) – Exit to path located in the DHL Tog Bag area
Option 3 – Dedicated shuttles taking runners/spectators to and from the Finish & Hospitality Villages
Various food vendors and a bar will be available on Race Day, if you haven’t pre-ordered your catering. A screen will be set up at the Cricket Oval, with a live feed of the race shown on the screen, and a number of entertainment and activities are planned for Race Day.
For any enquiries on Race Day, please go to the Hospitality Village Office Container located on the Cricket Oval below the UCT Cricket Clubhouse.
Important terms and conditions
Your Club Gazebo booking is subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
- Everyone accessing this area will be required to abide by the rules, and access control, and compliance measures, which have been put in place to ensure the safety of all runners and spectators.
- The Gazebo Sites are available to ASA-affiliated Clubs on a first come, first served basis. Online bookings are limited to 1 gazebo site per club. Additional site requests need to be submitted, in writing, to the Race Office and will be allocated based on the number of Ultra and Half entries per club.
- Only bookings that have been confirmed and fully paid for, will be allowed into the Gazebo Area.
- Due to strict rules laid down by Disaster Risk Management Services, only clubs who have pre-booked their sites will be allowed access to the area. i.e. no confirmed booking, no site.
- The Two Oceans Marathon NPC reserves the right to move club allocated sites and to change the planned layout to meet with health and safety requirements directed by SAPS and Disaster Risk Management following their mandatory site inspections.
- Gazebos must be erected within the allocated and demarcated areas.
- No club vehicles will be allowed on the fields and club gazebos must be carried to the booked site.
- Access times for gazebo erection will be on Friday, 19 April 2019 between 08h00 and 16h00. Note that the Trail and Fun Runs take place on Good Friday, 19 April 2019 from 07h00 until 14h00.
- The safety of your club gazebo/s is the responsibility of the specific club, and the Two Oceans Marathon NPC takes no responsibility for any losses which may occur during the period of the event, including build-up and strike days.
- Clubs are not permitted to handle, shift, nor dismantle gazebos of other clubs, which have been erected, in order to gain a better position on the field.
- There must be no damage, of any description, on the UCT fields or UCT property.Open fires, gas braais, skottels and gas cylinders are not allowed due to fire and safety regulations.
- Camping is not permitted on the UCT fields and extended property.
- You will not be permitted to bring alcohol onto the field as all the fields are licensed areas. Alcohol for consumption at your club gazebo may be pre-purchased via the preferred Hospitality Service Provider and collected at the Cricket Oval on Race Day, 20 April 2019. This rule will be strictly enforced by the South African Police Services and the field security team, throughout the day.
- Gazebo sites measure approximately 5m x 5m. Club gazebos must not exceed this size and must be free standing. No anchor ropes to extend outside of the demarcated areas.
- No platforms, scaffolding or sponsors signage may be used at the club gazebo sites.
- Although security is provided at the finish, neither the Two Oceans Marathon NPC, its sponsors, nor UCT will take responsibility for any loss or damage to club property.
- All club gazebos must be removed by 19:00 on Race Day.
- 4 x sandbags will be provided per club gazebo site.
A free shuttle service will leave the UCT Information Centre to the School Parking every 15 minutes from 07h30 to 18h00 on Race Day.
Be Our Green Warriors
The Old Mutual Two Oceans Marathon is committed to adhering to environmental by-laws and the event’s #GoGreen campaign. No littering or water wastage will be tolerated. Clubs are required to use the bins provided.