The event is run under the auspices of the IAAF, Athletics South Africa and Western Province Athletics.
The Compulsory Equipment rule is strictly enforced, and there is an equipment check upon entering the Start Pen. If you do not have the required equipment with you, you will not be allowed to start the race.
In addition, there will be a gear check along the route to ensure that you still have the right kit.
- Do not run with headphones or any animals.
- Don’t run if you are sick.
- Do not litter! Runners caught littering will be disqualified.
- Your qualifier is a 10km road race. Go here to view the Trail Run seeding info table.
- Seeding times need to be added to your profile by the profile update cut-off date in 2021, so you are placed in the appropriate seeding batch. This profile cut-off date will be announced in due course. No changes will be made at Registration or on Race Day.
You are welcome to take photos, but step out of the way of other runners when you do.