Refreshment Stations for 56km – subject to change for #TTOM2023
Twenty well-stocked refreshment stations along the route will ensure that every runner’s needs are adequately catered for.
- A special station will be located at the start providing water/Coke/Powerade and Vaseline and the first station is at the 3km mark, where only Water and Coke will be available. The subsequent refreshment stations are approximately 3km apart.
- Drinking water is manufactured under strict hygienic conditions at K3 Water. Each batch of water is tested and is then transported to a Cold Store Facility where the water is sent through a Blast Chiller Room, allowing the water to reach 0°C and then stored in a Holding Cold Room to maintain the temperature at 0°C. Over and above the lab test, the water gets taste-tested every week. No municipal water will be used. Water for race day has been sourced from the Newlands Spring with an allocated and approved dispensation from relevant stakeholders, including the Department of Water and Sanitation. Please read more here.
- Drinking water and Powerade will be provided throughout the race in 100ml plastic sachets (Booster Bags), while Coca-Cola will be served in 200ml Coke cups. In addition, potatoes, bananas, Ola Paddle Pops and other “morale boosters” will be available at some stations.
- Where possible, the stations will be manned from both sides of the road but the stations are well spread out to ensure that everyone is catered for.
Fill-Up Refreshment Stations
- Water tanks will be available at the Start if you need to fill up your bottle or hydration pack.
- There will be fill-up stations available at the start of the following refreshment stations. Feather banners with #ICarryMyOwn will indicate runners that they are coming up to a fill-up station.
– Main Road at Rhodes Cottage Museum, St James (17.0km)
– Noordhoek Road (26.0km)
– Rhodes Drive (46.3km)
- Both refreshment stations on Chapman’s Peak will have taps available for runners to fill up. They are at 33km and 37km.
There will be no sachets on Chapman’s Peak. Runners will be offered water in Coke Cups at Refreshment Station 11 and 12.
|Start||Dean Street, Newlands||Water/Coke/Powerade|
|4.0km||Main Road outside KFC Wynberg||Water/Coke|
|8.0km||Main Road at Roscommon Road, Bergvliet||Water/Coke|
|13.0km||Main Road at Keysers Road Mosque, Retreat||Water/Coke|
|15.0km||Main Road at Suffolk Road, Lakeside||Water/Coke|
|18.0km||Main Road at Rhodes Cottage Museum, St James||Water/Coke/Powerade|
|20.1km||Main Road opp Fish Hoek Police Station||Water/Coke/Powerade|
|24.0km||134 Kommetjie Road, Fish Hoek||Water/Coke/Powerade|
|27.2km||Noordhoek Road Potatoes||Water/Coke/Powerade|
|29.0km||Noordhoek Village Farm Stall||Water/Coke/Powerade|
|33.0km||Chapman’s Peak||Water/Coke (no sachets, you will be offered water in Coke cups)|
|36.0km||Chapman’s Peak Drive at 1st Watervalletjie sign||Water/Coke (no sachets, you will be offered water in Coke cups)|
|39.0km||Hout Bay Main Road||Water/Coke/Powerade|
|42.0km||Hout Bay Main Road/ Greenacres Close||Water/Coke/Powerade|
|44.0km||Hout Bay Main Rd/Disa River Rd||Water/Coke/Powerade|
|45.0m||Hout Bay Main Rd/Longkloof Rd||Water/Coke/Powerade|
|45.5km||Hout Bay Main Rd / Silvermist Lodge||Ola Paddle Pops|
|49.0km||Rhodes Drive/Hohenort Ave||Water/Coke/Powerade|
|51.2km||Kirstenbosch Main Gardens||Water/Coke/Powerade|
|53.8km||Newlands Forest Fire Station||Water/Coke/Powerade|
|54.8km||M3 before Princess Anne Drive||Water only|
|Finish||UCT||Coke/Powerade; water on request|