Please familiarise yourself with the route before Race Day.
- Main Road to Protea Road – turn right
- Protea Road to Paradise Road
- Around circle (Protea, Newlands and Paradise Roads)
- Paradise Road to Edinburgh Drive
- Left onto Edinburgh Drive and the M3 (South Bound lanes only)
- M3 until Kendal Road turn off ramp
- Right at Kendal Road, over M3 highway, to Spaanschemat River Road (Right side of Road)
- Right again into Spaanschemat River Road until Barbury Road (Right side of Road)
- Turn in Spaanschemat River Road and return to Ladies Mile Extension (Right side of Road)
- Right into Ladies Mile extension to Constantia Road and Parish Road intersection
- Cross over Constantia Road into Parish Road
- Along Parish Road and turn left into Southern Cross Drive
- Up Southern Cross Drive and right into Rhodes Drive
- There is a dog leg of about 300m turning left from Southern Cross Drive into Rhodes Drive. Run facing Constantia Nek for +-150meters then turn around on Rhodes Drive, running back facing Newlands.
- Rhodes Drive via Kirstenbosch to Union Drive
- Along Union Drive to UCT (One lane of the North Bound carriageway coned for runners)
- Enter UCT at Southern end of Rugby grounds.
- Finish on Rugby fields.
It is your responsibility as a runner to know your Half Marathon route. Traffic Police and race marshals will take all reasonable steps to ensure your safety. However, the primary responsibility for your own well-being rests with you.
From the start runners will occupy the full width of the Main Road until Protea Road where the 21 km runners will be turned right. Please obey all marshals and traffic authorities.
The first 500 runners will take precedence over motor vehicles during the race; thereafter runners may be stopped by marshals at busy intersections. Marshals and traffic authorities must be obeyed, failing which you may be disqualified and disciplinary action taken.