Is your name in the book?
The world’s most beautiful marathon has come of age – with a visual feast of a coffee table compilation! Take a scenic stroll alongside 336 pages of history, highlights and some of the world’s most stunning marathon visuals. See your name and medals won recorded in the Ship’s Log section if you’ve completed an Ultra between 1970 and 2018. Available online from takealot.com and Loot as well as leading book retailers such as Exclusive Books and Wordsworth.
The book is also available via publisher.co.za. A 15% discount voucher is available if you buy the book via publisher.co.za until 28 February 2020. Use the code on the discount voucher below.
About Celebrating 50 Years of the Two Oceans Marathon
The Two Oceans Marathon is a spectacular sporting experience unlike any other.
The iconic status of this Cape Town Easter Weekend institution, which garners global attention, is borne out by its many affectionate marathon monikers: the world’s most beautiful marathon, Africa’s biggest running event, and South Africa’s best-loved race to name just a few. And now at 50 years, this front-running marathon has come of age – and we are celebrating it with a visual feast of a coffee table commemorative compilation.
Make sure you don’t miss out on:
- A record of every ultra marathon finisher between 1970 and 2018 in the form of an alphabetical Ship’s Log, along with their number of medals earned.
- 336 pages of unrivalled scenic route beauty, including the stand-out sections on Chapman’s Peak and Constantia Nek.
- The history, highlights and locally unmatched growth of the race, from 26 enthusiastic entrants in 1970 to record-breaking, sold-out fields of 13 000, with the demand for places escalating year-on-year.
- The much-loved traditions that lure runners back year after year.
- The fascinating characters who have woven their way through half a century of Two Oceans Marathons, from elites and back-of-packers, to organisers and supporters.
This is a must-have for first-timers and veterans; runners, family and friends alike.