The Two Oceans Marathon Association (TOMA) seeks to appoint a professional PR Agency for the 2013 event. Billed the ‘world’s most beautiful marathon’ – the Old Mutual Two Oceans Marathon rates up there with the top annual events in South Africa, as well as others around the world. It takes place every year in Cape Town over the Easter weekend. The event offers a 56km ultra marathon, a 21km half marathon, as well as various fun runs, trail runs and the increasingly popular International Friendship Run.
SCOPE to include (but may not be limited to):
• Develop a PR and Media Strategy plan to gain editorial exposure across key media, including print, broadcast, online and selected digital platforms
• Building media profiles around the event
• Activate the event’s marketing campaign, particularly on radio and online media
• Media Releases: research, draft, copy-editing and distribute to media after approval by Event Marketing Manager
• Arrange and facilitate media interviews for designated TOMA spokespersons
• Monthly newsletter: schedule, writing and editing
• Articles and blogs through co-ordination with Event Marketing Manager for website, official magazine, etc.
• Developing and maintaining relevant media databases on behalf of the Two Oceans Marathon Association
• Support social media activities and align with overall PR plan in tandem with Event Marketing Manager – to include conversation calendar and online monitoring
• Attending ad hoc meetings with client to receive briefings
• Actively seeking opportunities and collaboratively creating ideas to promote the Old Mutual Two Oceans Marathon, locally and internationally
• Compile a Media Guide for the 2013 event
• Facilitate the media accreditation process, media vehicle and media centre on race day
• Assist with the co-ordination of media projects (e.g. media conferences) as delegated by the Event Marketing Manager
• Assisting with ad hoc media support for stakeholders and sponsors
Interested parties should send complete proposals to:
Stefanie Schultzen, Event Marketing Manager of the Two Oceans Marathon Association
or email stefanie@TwoOceansMarathon.org.za
Closing date:Tuesday 25 September 2012 at 17h00
The Two Oceans Marathon Association subscribes and is committed to the principles of employment equity and Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment (BBBEE); adherence to and integration of these principles will serve as an advantage to all our service providers.