Ultra Marathon entry changes
2013 - Thank you for your ideas - you spoke and we listened.
- Runners do not need to qualify before entering the race. Even though it is a prerequisite for participation, information can be supplied at a later stage.
- Entries can be done without having renewed the provincial licence number as it can be completed later.
- Athletic club membership is not optional but it can be done after entry.
- Entries open on Thursday, 20 September 2012 (for the 2013 race).
- Closing date for supplying qualifying and club details as well as manual entries is Wednesday, 20 February 2013 (online by 5 March).
- Qualifying from 1 July onwards (no longer 1 September) in the year prior to participation.
- The race will start at 06:30.
- Runners with five or more medals can use the previous year’s race as their qualifier.
- Blue/permanent number holders do not need to qualify, provided they have run in either of the previous two years.
- Entry fee is R200 (Africa entry fee is R450, International R900).
- No downgrades to the Half Marathon are allowed (only substitutions).
- Upgrade fee is the difference between entry fee + R80 admin fee.
- RaceTec timing chip is R120 for those who don’t own one.