Ultra Marathon entries are now open
Online entries for the 2016 Old Mutual Two Oceans Ultra Marathon are currently open.
The 47th Ultra Marathon will take place on Easter Saturday, 26 March 2016.
Don't delay your entry! For the past two years, the 11 000 entry cut-off has been reached way ahead of the official closing date, and we expect the same to happen again this year. Secure your entry early to avoid disappointment.
To qualify for participation in the Ultra Marathon, you must complete at least one sub-five hour full marathon (42.2km) between 1 July 2015 and 22 February 2016. You are required to submit their qualifier details by 23 February 2016 or risk forfeiting your entry.
You don’t have to pre-qualify to enter, but you must submit your qualifying times any time before 23 February 2016.
South African Ultra Marathon entrants are required to belong to a registered running club and have a valid running license. No temporary licenses will be issued to Ultra Marathon runners.
R1 million prize bonus for a new course record
In addition to the prize money that Ultra Marathon winners will take home, title sponsor Old Mutual has once again issued a R1 million prize bonus to the winning male and female runner who respectively breaks the Ultra Marathon record.
The men’s record of 3:03:44 was set in 1988 by road running legend Thompson Magawana, while Frith van der Merwe set the women’s record in 1989 when she crossed the finish line in 3:30:36.
Zimbabwean Marko Mambo came close to breaking the record in 2005, when he finished in a time of 3:05:39, while Russian super-twin Olesya Nurgalieva recorded a finish time of 3:34:53 in 2008.
2016 will be the 17th year that Old Mutual sponsors this prestigious event.
- CLICK HERE to access the online entry system.
- You need a valid credit card to enter online. Cheque / debit cards may also be used for online payments, provided the cards are chipped, have a CVV number on the back, are embossed (the numbers protrude, like on a credit card), and have been activated for online purchases (which requires a phone call to your bank).
- You will be required to complete the online medical questionnaire.
- It is not necessary to submit a qualifier upon entering, but your qualifier must be submitted by 23 February 2016.
- It is not necessary to submit your running club details upon entering. But you will be required to capture those details by 23 February 2016.
- If you don't own a RaceTec chip, you will be required to purchase one for R120.
The 2016 Ultra Marathon fees are:
- R380 for South African residents
- R420 for residents from African countries
- R1 200 for international residents
Ultra Marathon entries include a branded technical adidas t-shirt, which usually retails at approx. R399.