OMTOM Video Series: Did You Know?
DID YOU KNOW:
- More than 2 000 international runners flock to the Mother City from all corners of the globe to participate in the world's most beautiful marathon.
- These runners also get to enjoy the 5.6km International Friendship Run on Good Friday, taking participants from the V&A Waterfront, along the Promenade and through the Green Point Urban Park.
- Over 50 000 visitors visit the Old Mutual Two Oceans Marathon Expo at the Cape Town International Convention Centre, which is also where OMTOM participats collect their race packs.
- Around 2/3 of participants come from outside of the Western Cape, the City of Cape Town enjoys an approximate R300-million economic injection through accommodation, transport, tourism travel and more.
- The event enjoys 7 hours of live TV coverage on Race Day, as well coverage across the country's major radio stations.
For all these facts and more, have a look at our latest video in our #RunAsOne Video Series.