IMPORTANT Qualifying Reminder For Ultra Marathon Entrants
In the interest of safety and race logistics, ALL participants in the 2018 Old Mutual Two Oceans Marathon are required to run a qualifying marathon and submit their results to their online entry profile by 5pm on 28 February 2018.
This rule applies to all South African, African and International OMTOM Ultra Marathon entrants, including Blue Number holders.
Ultra Marathon Qualifier Requirement
OMTOM Ultra entrants will be required to submit a qualifying marathon (or longer distance) result obtained between 1 July 2017 and 28 February 2018. All standard marathons and races longer than 42.2km count as qualifying races, provided that they are held under the auspices of the IAAF.
Qualifier results must be submitted by 5pm (GMT +2, SA time) on 28 February 2018. Entrants who miss this deadline will forfeit their entry.
In order to qualify for the OMTOM Ultra Marathon, runners’ qualifier results must meet the following criteria:
- 42.2km / 26.2 miles – sub 5:00
- 50km / 31 miles – sub 6:30
- 56km / 34.7 miles – sub 7:00
- 90km / 55.9 miles – sub 12:00
- 100km / 62.1 miles – sub 13:30
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you:
- cannot find your qualifying marathon on the dropdown;
- are an International / African entrant who would like to query this new rule;
- are a Blue Number holder who did not have a qualifier requirement in the past.