18 & 19 April 2014
To book: go here.
Please note: Your club must have at least one complete and paid-up entry in either the Ultra or Half Marathon in order to book a gazebo site. If you have between 1 and 25 entries you may book ONE site ; if you have 26 or more entries you may book TWO sites. Each site costs R300 and a valid credit card will be required to make payment.
Clubs can book their sites online from the 14 February 2013 at 10:00. Sites will be allocated on a first come first serve basis at R300 per site. This fee being allocated to the events official charity - TOMI. For all queries regarding club site bookings please contact the office on 021-657 5140 between 08:30 and 16:00 (weekdays only).
Please read the following important rules which are set in place for your own safety.
1. You can erect your club gazebo(s) on the C field (south side) from Thursday 28 March 09:00 to Friday 29 March 19:00.
2. Vehicles and trailers can ‘Drop and Go’ (no parking and/or trailer storage on the field allowed whatsoever) at the south side parking area. At all times runners must park off the fields and club gazebos must be carried to your site (enter from the south entrance - the left hand lane from the M3 (Union Avenue) will take you directly into the UCT Campus approaching from Wynberg towards the City). Please note that the trail and fun runs take place on Friday 29 March from 07:00 until 16:00 and as they start right next to the club gazebo site area access to the field may be limited during this time.
3. All gazebos on the finish straight must be at least 1 metre from the fencing. Gazebos must be open sided and each club may only have one gazebo next to the fence of the finish straight. Any additional gazebos must be placed one behind the other as per your online booking.
4. We cannot be held responsible for the safety of club gazebos. Clubs are not permitted to dismantle gazebos of other clubs to get a better position.
5. There must be no damage of any description on the UCT fields or UCT property. OPEN FIRES, GAS BRAAIS, SKOTTELS AND GAS CYLINDERS ARE NOT ALLOWED DUE TO FIRE AND SAFETY REGULATTIONS. Camping may not take place on the UCT fields.
6. You will NOT BE PERMITTED TO BRING ALCOHOL ONTO THE FIELD as all the fields are licensed areas - alcohol may be purchased at the beer garden situated on the B field. This rule will be strictly enforced by the South African Police Services and contracted field security provider.
7. Gazebo sites measure approximately 5m x 5m.Club gazebos must not exceed this size and must be free standing. No anchor ropes to extend outside of the demarcated areas.
8. No platforms, scaffolding or sponsors signage may be used at the club gazebo sites.
9. Although security is provided at the finish, neither the Two Oceans Marathon Association, its sponsors, nor UCT will take responsibility for any loss or damage to club property.
10. All club gazebos must be removed by 16:00 on race day (30 March 2013).
11. The maximum number of sites allowed per any one club will be limited to two (2) (inclusive of the professional clubs).
12. The sites are booked on a first come, first serve basis and are only confirmed on receipt of payment of R300 per site.
13. The R300 fee per site will be paid to the official race charity.
14. Due to strict rules laid down by Disaster Management Services only pre-booked sites will be available. No sites will be allocated for voluntary erection – so no payment, no site.
15. Two Oceans Marathon reserves the right to move around club allocated sites to meet with SAPS and Disaster Management inspections. I have read, understood and accept the above terms and conditions on behalf of my club who I represent. Any club gazebos erected in contravention of the above will be dismantled and removed, by the organiser's appointed event security contractors, who have the right to do so.
We welcome club gazebos and sincerely hope that we can rely on your co-operation to adhere to the afore-mentioned rules to ensure gazebos will always have their place at the Old Mutual Two Oceans Marathon. Please don't hesitate to contact the office on 021-657 5140 (08:30 to 16:00 weekdays ONLY) should you have any queries in this regard.