Attention Trail Runners!
Your training is now done, you have checked out the route and gathered the right equipment. All that remains is to collect your Goodie bag, Race number and T-shirt at the Expo on 16 or 17 April 2014 at the CTICC (new venue).
- Wednesday – 16 April: 10:00 - 19:00
- Thursday – 17 April: 10:00 - 19:00
Please note: no upgrades, downgrades, substitutions or refunds, and there is no late registration at the start of the race on Friday.
The Old Mutual Two Oceans Trail Run starts on Friday, 18 April at 7am sharp. The short course (10km) goes off first. The long course (22km) starts at 7.30am. Batches set off at 5 min intervals. Confirm details for your batch start at registration. Please arrive early on race day (from 6am) and book into your start pen 30 mins in advance. Coffee vendor on site.
- Water - carry at least 500ml. Hydration Pack recommended. Please note there is no water table on the course.
- Food - e.g. banana, energy bar, sandwich, apple.
- Windbreaker/waterproof jacket recommended. Weather dependant but not compulsory for short course.
- Hat and sun lotion recommended.
- Your Race Number is your entry into your start pen batch.
- Make sure your RaceTec Chip is attached to your shoe!
- Water/Hydration - carry at least 1.5 litres. Bladder pack strongly recommended. No official water tables on course, but emergency water point at the Block House.
- Food - e.g. banana, energy bar, sandwich or similar.
- Windbreaker is compulsory for the long course. A waterproof jacket is highly recommended if rain expected. You will NOT be allowed to enter your start pen without one. Make sure you have one for race day!
- Hat and sun lotion.
- Your Race Number is your entry into your start pen batch. No Check Point (CP) card.
- Cell Phone – charged, with Race Organiser’s number (supplied at registration) entered.
- Make sure your RaceTec timing chip is attached to your shoe!
Rules regarding Equipment and Checks:
We are strict with the required equipment. There is a compulsory equipment check on entering your starting pen. If you do not have the required equipment with you, you will not be allowed to start the race. For the 22km runners, there is an additional equipment check on the course, before ascending Devil's Peak - so do not stash your gear after the start!
10km batches will set off from 7am, at 5 min intervals. Long Course (22km) starts from 7.30am.
Be in your pen 30 minutes before your start time. Have compulsory gear ready to be checked.
Cut Off Times:
10km runners have no cut off on the route and have until 12pm to make it to the finish field at UCT (which is very generous).
22km runners have it tougher. 90 mins to run the first 7km to Tafelberg Road and approx. 2.5 hours to make it off the mountain to the Blockhouse (11km) by 10.30am.
The finish line closes at 12 noon.
Retiring From Race:
Please inform the race office – using cell number supplied, or tell a marshal - if you withdraw from the event, i.e. if you do not cross the finish line. If you don’t inform us, we may spend hours searching the mountain for you.
NB: If you are sick (flu, illness etc.), do not start the race, be sensible, there will be many more races.
- Short Course Winners Presentation will be at 9 am
- Long Course Winners Presentation will be at 10:30 am
There are no lucky draw prizes.
- Photographers will be on course. SMILE
- Photos will be available on the Action Photo website www.actionphoto.net in the week following the race.
- Weather is temperamental this time of the year. Make sure to be prepared whatever the conditions.
- The short course stays on the lower tiers of the mountain, but the long course heads high up and becomes exposed to the elements.
- If the weather (rain, wind) comes in on the day, we will make a call on safety. In this event, runners will be deviated to a safer route (lower traverse) to avoid any dangers.
It is a competitive race, but we are all out to enjoy the mountain and the surroundings on the day. Please remember your trail etiquette when passing other runners on route. Manners on the trail are as imperative as winning. No littering and save toilet needs for the start or finish.
Well done for getting this far. The hard part is over. Your participation is helping to raise funds for the SANParks Honorary Rangers, one of the 2014 Old Mutual Two Oceans Marathon beneficiaries.
See you at the Registration of the world's most beautiful marathon.
The Two Oceans Trail Run Team