Every year, financial constraints prevent many talented athletes from disadvantaged communities from participating in the Old Mutual Two Oceans Marathon.
In an effort to give these athletes the opportunity to be a part of the world’s most beautiful marathon, the Two Oceans Marathon NPC invites running clubs to assist their less privileged members to apply and be part of the Runners’ Village this coming Easter Weekend.
Athletes from across South Africa will be accommodated, and the Runners’ Village, situated at the Cape Academy of Mathematics, Science and Technology in Tokai, will host the athletes from Friday, 03 April 2015.
Meals, accommodation and transport will be provided and successful applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants should be unemployed OR earn less than R3 000 per month.
- Applicants should be registered with a recognised and ASA-affiliated athletic club.
- Runners must have entered and qualified for the 2015 Old Mutual Two Oceans Marathon.
- Athletes must make their own way to Cape Town.
- Preference will be given to 56km novices and athletes who have never stayed in the Runners’ Village before.
Runners interested in applying should call Patiswa on 021 799 3040 between 10am and 3pm, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on 4 March 2015.