Gazebo Site Information
Gazebo Sites Opening Soon
Please note: Your club must have at least one complete and paid-up entry in either the Ultra or Half Marathon in order to book a gazebo site.
Click here to view the Club Gazebo Sites
If you have between 1 and 25 entries you may book ONE site; if you have 26 or more entries you may book TWO sites. Each site costs R400 and a valid credit card will be required to make payment.
Clubs can book their sites online during 11 February 2015. Sites will be allocated on a first come first serve basis at R400 per site. This fee being allocated to the events official charity - TOMI. For all queries regarding club site bookings please contact the office on 021 799 3040 between 08:30 and 16:00 (weekdays only).
Club details updated?
Terms and Conditions
Please read the following important rules which are set in place for your own safety.
1. You can erect your club gazebo(s) on the C field (south side). Please note the date and time is yet to be confirmed.
2. Vehicles and trailers can ‘Drop and Go’ (no parking and/or trailer storage on the field allowed whatsoever) at the south side parking area. At all times runners must park off the fields and club gazebos must be carried to your site (enter from the south entrance - the left hand lane from the M3 (Union Avenue) will take you directly into the UCT Campus approaching from Wynberg towards the City). Please note that the Trail and Fun Runs take place on Friday 3 April 2015 from 07:00 until 15:00 and as they are right next to the club gazebo site area, vehicular access to the field will be prohibited during this time.
3. All gazebos on the finish straight must be at least 1 metre from the fencing. Gazebos must be open sided and each club may only have one gazebo next to the fence of the finish straight.
4. We cannot be held responsible for the safety of club gazebos. Clubs are not permitted to dismantle gazebos of other clubs to get a better position.
5. There must be no damage of any description on the UCT fields or UCT property. OPEN FIRES, GAS BRAAIS, SKOTTELS AND GAS CYLINDERS ARE NOT ALLOWED DUE TO FIRE AND SAFETY REGULATTIONS. Camping may not take place on the UCT fields.
6. You will NOT BE PERMITTED TO BRING ALCOHOL ONTO THE FIELD as all the fields are licensed areas - alcohol may be purchased at the Beer garden situated on the B field. This rule will be strictly enforced by the South African Police Services and the field security team. Alcohol can be pre-bought for your club gazebo area. Please contact the office for more information.
7. Gazebo sites measure approximately 5m x 5m. Club gazebos must not exceed this size and must be free standing. No anchor ropes to extend outside of the demarcated areas.
8. No platforms, scaffolding or sponsors signage may be used at the club gazebo sites.
9. Although security is provided at the finish, neither the Two Oceans Marathon Association, its sponsors, nor UCT will take responsibility for any loss or damage to club property.
10. All club gazebos must be removed by 16:00 on race day (19 April 2014).
11. The maximum number of sites allowed per any one club are limited to two (2) (exceptions will only be considered for clubs with more than 400 entrants in the current event).
12. The sites are booked on a first come, first serve basis and are only confirmed on receipt of payment of R400 per site.
13. The R400 fee per site will be paid to the official race charity.
14. Due to strict rules laid down by Disaster Management Services only pre-booked sites will be available. No sites will be allocated for voluntary erection – no confirmed booking, no site.
15. Two Oceans Marathon reserves the right to move around club allocated sites to meet with SAPS and Disaster Management inspections.
I have read, understood and accept the above terms and conditions on behalf of my club who I represent. Any club gazebos erected in contravention of the above will be dismantled and removed.
We welcome club gazebos and sincerely hope that we can rely on your co-operation to adhere to the afore-mentioned rules to ensure gazebos will always have their place at the Old Mutual Two Oceans Marathon. Please don't hesitate to contact the office on 021 7993040 (08:30 to 16:00 weekdays ONLY) should you have any queries in this regard.
Details for the following year will be officially launched in September 2015.