Gazebo Site Information
2018 Gazebo Bookings Are Closed.
You may pre-order your Race Day catering and beverages. While Clubs may bring their own food, you are not permitted to bring your own alcohol.
Please contact the service providers directly to request a price list and place orders.
- All club gazebos sites are located on UCT’s Cricket Oval. Access times for gazebo erection will be on Friday, 30 March 2018 between 08h00 and 16h00.
- Upon arrival please collect your parking tickets at the UCT Cricket Clubhouse. Please confirm the location of your gazebo site when collecting the parking tickets.
- Dedicated parking will be available at Middle Campus on Friday to assist with gazebo set-up.
- The parking tickets will allow you to access the Middle Campus Parking to use the area at Bremner, All Africa House and Economics Building (this is the parking area next to the Cricket Oval).
- The Cricket Oval area will be open from 04h00 until 18h00.
- From the Finish Field follow the directional signage to the pedestrian bridge which will take you to the subway and down to the UCT Cricket Oval.
- There will be a food vendor and bar available on Race Day if you haven’t pre-ordered your catering. A screen will be set up at the Cricket Oval showing live broadcast.
- For any enquiries or complaints on Race Day please go to the information desk at the Cricket Clubhouse.
2018 Gazebo Bookings Terms and Conditions
Please read the following important rules which are set in place for your own safety.
- The Gazebo Sites are available for ASA Clubs and will be allocated based on the number of Ultra and Half entries per club. Only bookings that have been confirmed and fully paid for will be accepted. There are 121 sites available on a first come first served bases. Due to strict rules laid down by Disaster Risk Management Services, only pre-booked sites will be available. No sites will be available for voluntary ad-hoc erection – i.e. no confirmed booking, no site.
- The Two Oceans Marathon NPC reserves the right to move club allocated sites and to change the planned layout to meet with requirements following SAPS and Disaster Risk Management inspections.
- Gazebos must be erected within the allocated and demarcated areas.
- No club vehicles will be allowed on the fields and club gazebos must be carried to the booked site.
- Access times for gazebo erection will be on Friday, 30 March 2018 between 08h00 and 16h00. Note that the Trail and Fun Runs take place on Good Friday from 07h00 until 15h00.
- The Two Oceans Marathon NPC cannot be held responsible for the safety of club gazebos.
- Clubs are not permitted to dismantle gazebos of other clubs to get a better position.
- There must be no damage of any description on the UCT fields or UCT property. OPEN FIRES, GAS BRAAIS, SKOTTELS AND GAS CYLINDERS ARE NOT ALLOWED DUE TO FIRE AND SAFETY REGULATIONS.
- Camping may not take place on the UCT fields.
- You will NOT BE PERMITTED TO BRING ALCOHOL ONTO THE FIELD as all the fields are licensed areas. Alcohol for consumption at your club gazebo may be pre-purchased via the preferred service provider and collected at the Cricket Oval on Race Day, 31 March 2018. This rule will be strictly enforced by the South African Police Services and the field security team who will be enforcing this rule
- Gazebo sites measure approximately 5m x 5m. Club gazebos must not exceed this size and must be free standing. No anchor ropes to extend outside of the demarcated areas.
- No platforms, scaffolding or sponsors signage may be used at the club gazebo sites.
- Although security is provided at the finish, neither the Two Oceans Marathon NPC, its sponsors, nor UCT will take responsibility for any loss or damage to club property.
- All club gazebos must be removed by 19:00 on race day.
- 4x sandbags will be provided per club gazebo site.
- Please support the Old Mutual Two Oceans Marathon #GoGreen campaign. NO littering or water wastage will be tolerated. Please use the bins provided.
Club Gazebo FAQs
Why did you move the gazebos away from the finish field?
We take instruction and direction from our Disaster Management Team. The finish field is simply too congested on Race Day, and we have been tasked to find an alternative venue for Club Gazebos for safety reasons.
All other races allow gazebos along their finish line!
While many smaller races are still able to host Clubs along their finish line, it is rare to find a major mass-participation race that is allowed to do the same. Large-scale races across the globe - from the Comrades Marathon to New York Marathon - are required to host supporters and Clubs away from the finish area for safety reasons and to comply with a myriad of Disaster Management and Security guidelines.
If our Club's gazebo is not on the finish line, how are we expected to cheer for our team mates and experience the "gees" of the finish?
In the interest of safety due to finish field congestion, Club Gazebos have been moved to the Cricket Oval. With exclusive access to live entertainment, convenient ablution facilities, a food and bar area and a screen with race footage, this new Club Gazebo area provides the perfect place where Club members can relax and share their Race Day stories with their friends. A shuttle service will be provided, and the Category Prize Giving will take place in this area at 2pm on Race Day. If you want to cheer on someone special as they finish, you are welcome to use the larger public grandstand on the finish line, and then take a shuttle back to the Gazebo area.
We're tired after the race! You can't expect us to walk to this area!
Which is exactly why there will be a shuttle running between the UCT Info Centre and the Woolsack Bridge. We want you to have a relaxing post-race experience and enjoy the rest of the day with your Club mates, so we encourage you to use the shuttle.