Christel House South Africa
Christel House is an independent School, established in 2002. The school was set up with the Mission of “Breaking the Cycle of Poverty” and we do this by educating unfortunate children and their parents. We get the parents involved in the school ~ 12,000 Parent Hours volunteered last year. We only admit Children from the “poorest of the poor” from Townships in Cape Town. There are 735 Learners from Grade R to Grade 12 and over the 6 years we have enjoyed consistent academic success with 100% NSC pass rate and 64% achieving Bachelor passes. 95% of all our Graduates are either studying at 3rd Level Universities or gainfully employed.
We have a Holistic approach to Education, taking children by buses from their Townships to the school in Ottery, Cape Town. We provide Nutritious meals in our Canteen, give them uniforms and books and have Doctors, Therapists/ Counsellors on site to work with the issues our children face, when living not only in abject poverty but surrounded by the social demons of violence, gangsterism, abuse and drugs. We build self esteem to overcome the "culture of failure" and include Sports, Art and Culture to build the “Total Person” who has the “Grit” needed to succeed when coming from such environments. We also use innovative teaching methods to make sure our students learn the skills that will make them employable in today’s economy. See short Video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeEDnyfEKts
cost: R1000.00 per entry
Package will include:
- Christel House Supporter Shirt
- Arts and crafts pieces (artwork and bracelets made by learners)
- Samples (deodorant, lotion , sunscreen, lip balm)
- Branded Christel House merchandise (water bottle, peak cap , laser pen flash drive etc)
What the runners need to do:
- Secure an entry by signing up on the link https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1dj4DpRjRHGSZUMuTBwKhecXAScdSq1mRFLuDj3R2aTM/viewform?c=0&w=1
- Make Payment to below, using their SURNAME+TOM as a reference. As soon as proof of payment is received. We will issue an entry voucher.
Account Name: Christel House South Africa
Account Number: 1047 039 117
Branch Code: 104 709
- Runners will have to purchase their own timing chip and temporary license
- Each runner will receive their personal GivenGain activist link which can be used as a fundraising tool to share with friends and contacts.
Contact: Abigail Stewart
Tel: 079 785 5299