Route for 21km
- Main Road to Protea Road – turn right
- Protea Road to Paradise Road
- Around circle (Protea, Newlands and Paradise Roads)
- Paradise Road to Edinburgh Drive
- Left onto Edinburgh Drive and the M3 (South Bound lanes only)
- M3 until Kendal Road turn off ramp
- Right at Kendal Road, over M3 highway, to Spaanschemat River Road (Right side of Road)
- Right again into Spaanschemat River Road until Barbury Road (Right side of Road)
- Turn in Spaanschemat River Road and return to Ladies Mile Extension (Right side of Road)
- Right into Ladies Mile extension to Constantia Road and Parish Road intersection
- Cross over Constantia Road into Parish Road
- Along Parish Road and turn left into Southern Cross Drive
- Up Southern Cross Drive and right into Rhodes Drive
- Rhodes Drive via Kirstenbosch to Union Drive
- Along Union Drive to UCT (One lane of the North Bound carriageway coned for runners)
- Enter UCT at Southern end of Rugby grounds.
- Finish on Rugby fields.
It is the responsibility of each runner to know the route of their race. Traffic Police and race marshals will take all reasonable steps to ensure runners safety, however runners are responsible for their well being at all times.
Two Oceans Half Marathon Route Map
Click here for our interactive map (by MapIT) indicating the route, kilometre markers, refreshment stations and medical points.
Marshals and Traffic
From the start runners will occupy the full width of the Main Road until Protea Road where the 21 km runners will be turned right. Please obey all marshals and traffic authorities.
The first 500 runners will take precedence over motor vehicles during the race; thereafter runners may be stopped by marshals at busy intersections. Marshals and traffic authorities must be obeyed, failing which you may be disqualified and disciplinary action taken.
Details for the following year will be officially launched in September 2014.